Dia Daoibh ó Choimisiún Fulbright na hÉireann!
Lisa Nic an Bhreithimh here, the Awards Manager of the Commission. We hope you are all well. Along with our new Executive Director at the Commission, Dr Dara FitzGerald, I will be working with those of you interested in hosting a Fulbright FLTA this year at your immersion days and weekends.
As you know, with support from the Irish government, the Fulbright Commission sends Irish Language FLTAs to teach Irish at US higher education institutions. For the 2015-2016 academic year we will have 9 FLTAs at the following institutions:
1. Catholic University of America, Washington, D.C.
2. Davidson Community College, North Carolina
3. Drew University, Madison, NJ / New York University, New York, New York
4. Elms College, Chicopee, Massachusetts
5. Idaho State University, Boise, Idaho
6. University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut
7. University of Montana, Missoula, Montana
8. University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana
9. Villanova University, Philadelphia, PA
You will notice that we now have two new institutions on board- Idaho State University and Davidson Community College, which may be closer to home for some of you, and thus a more cost-effective way for you to host an FLTA.
So that we can endeavour to send an FLTA to all of you who would benefit from their assistance, I would appreciate your returning the attached application form by Friday 7th August 2015 if you are interested in hosting a FLTA for one of your Irish language programs.
The Commission will cover the FLTA’s travel and an honorarium and as is tradition, the host organization would cover his/her accommodation / meals during the teaching period where at all possible.
I look forward to hearing from you and providing you with further updates of our Irish language awards and activities in due course.
If you have any further queries about this please don’t hesitate to contact me!
Lisa Nic an Bhreithimh
The Fulbright Commission
Cuirtear fáilte roimh chomhfhreagras i nGaeilge i gcónaí