Ballymoney Museum will be hosting the third Route Back Home family history conference in 2014. The conference will run from 24-27 September and will be based in Ballymoney Town Hall.
The Route Back Home has been developed to assist people who are researching their ancestry in Ballymoney, Co. Antrim. The conference is an opportunity to meet other people from across the world who share an interest in North Antrim, a region traditionally known as "the Route”.
The programme will include contributions by prominent genealogy experts including:
- Dorothy Arthur, Genealogist & Author
- S.A. Blair, Historian & Author
- Dr. Tyrone Bowes, Genetic Genealogy
- Mary Bradley, Local Studies Service, Ballymena, Libraries NI
- Dr. Patrick Fitzgerald, Mellon Centre for Migration Studies
- Gillian Hunt, Ulster Historical Foundation
- Dr. Glynn Kelso, Public Record Office of Northern Ireland
- Dr. Linde Lunney, Dictionary of Irish Biography, Royal Irish Academy
- Elwyn Soutter, Genealogist
- Deidre Speer-Whyte, Ulster-Scots Community Network
- Leah Tweed, Ballymoney Branch Library, Libraries NI
The Route Back Home is supported by the Coleraine Branch of the North of Ireland Family History Society (www. http://colerainefhs.org.uk/) and their members will be available to help and provide advice for delegates throughout the conference.
In addition, delegates will be able to visit important archives which hold essential information for family history research:
- Local Studies Service, Ballymena
- Ballymoney Branch Library
- Public Record Office of Northern Ireland, Belfast
- General Register Office of Northern Ireland, Belfast
HOW DO I BOOK MY PLACE?
Delegates must pay the full booking fee of £180 to be allocated a place at the conference. Only 20 places are available and bookings cannot be confirmed until receipt of a completed booking form and full payment. The conference fee includes:
- Daily lunch and regular refreshments
- Conference dinner and drinks reception
- Research trips to Belfast and Ballymena
Please contact me at this email address if you require further information and I look forward to hopefully seeing you in September.