Looking for Descendants of Andrew Shannon
1. Andrew Shannon, born in 1780 in Ulster. He married Margaret Judge. Her date of birth and marriage are unknown. They had one son, James Shannon, born in 1798 in Maghera, Co. Londonderry.
2. James Shannon married Maria Meek in 1818 in Tullyroan, Co. Armagh. She was born about 1798 in Tulyroan. James Shannon was a subscriber from Maghera for two copies of the book The Orange Minstrel, or Ulster Melodist, by Robert Young, Londonderry, 1832. The location and dates of death of James and Maria are unknown.
James and Maria had four children:
i. Margaret Shannon, born 10 Oct 1820 in Coleraine, Co. Londonderry.
ii. William Shannon, born 23 Feb 1824 in Maghera, Co. Londonderry.
iii. James Shannon, born 2 June 1829 in Maghera, Co. Londonderry
iv. Thomas George Shannon, born 21 June 1837 in Magherafelt, Co.
3. Margaret Shannon married James McKay on 8 June 1852 at Dungiven Church of England, Co. Londonderry. James McKay was born in 1832 in Ireland.
Margaret and James McKay had three children born in Ireland:
i. William James McKay, born 22 April 1854 in Londonderry, Co. Londonderry
ii. Mary Charlotte McKay, born 26 Sep 1856 in Londonderry, Co. Londonderry
iii. Joseph McKay, born in 1861 in Londonderry, Co. Londonderry
Margaret and James McKay and their three children immigrated to Canada in 1861 and died there.
4. William Shannon immigrated to Canada in about 1849 and died there.
5. James Shannon married Letitia Leathem on 1 Jan 1856 in Portadown, Co. Armagh at St. Gobhan’s Church of Ireland, Seagoe Parish. She was born 8 March 1828 in Ireland. James and Letitia had one son, Robert Walker Shannon, born 2 Nov 1856 in Portglenone, Co. Antrim, and the three immigrated to Canada in 1857 and all died there.
6. Thomas George Shannon immigrated to Canada with his brother James and his family in 1857 and he died there.